Join us at the Delta Hotel in Regina, SK from May 8-10 for Gathering Strength – Framework for Recreation in Canada Forum 2018. This is the first event of its kind, and an opportunity to continue the momentum around the application of the Framework at the local, provincial, territorial and federal levels.
We are gathering innovative thought leaders, recreation practitioners, and stakeholders from sectors across Canada to:
- Showcase effective partnerships and initiatives
- Share knowledge and successful practices
- Continue the national dialogue on the Framework for Recreation in Canada
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other sectors, governments, and municipalities.
Gathering Strength will benefit anyone interested in the continued growth and vitality of recreation across Canada. The Forum offers educational sessions and networking opportunities to:
- Recreation, Community Development, Parks and Facilities staff and management
- Municipal. Provincial, Territorial and National elected officials and representatives
- Academics and Post-Secondary educators in the fields of Parks, Recreation, Community Development, Health and Tourism
- Emerging leaders, professionals, and students in the parks and recreation fields
- Public Health officials, policy makers, and health promotion specialists
This event is hosted the Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA) in partnership with the Government of Saskatchewan, Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport, and their national partners, the Interprovincial Sport and Recreation Council (ISRC) and the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA).
Together with your strength, we can overcome the challenges that face the recreation sector and build pathways to wellbeing.
Learn more about this event at www.gatheringstrength.ca